A Love Letter to Introverts
Here are some things we, your extroverted loved ones, want for you to know:
1) We are proud of you. Your extroverted partner tells their coworkers and friends that you are wise, kind, and incredibly smart.
2) We wish everyone understood introverts. But they may not. It's possible that our coworkers, friends, and acquaintances don't understand how you are made, and we cannot help that, but we wish they did.
3) We want you to be happy and thrive, and we are willing to sacrifice for you. But please help us understand how we can work together to make social interactions satisfactory for both of us.
4) When you don’t wish to attend social gatherings and build relationships, we take this personally. We know we shouldn't, but we do. Teach us how to introduce you to our friends…you’re important to us, and so are they.
5) We admire you. We think you're pretty cool. We wish we pondered things as much as you do, and we want to have conversations with you about important things. We also know that it's difficult for you to have these conversations in person. Write us a letter. Let's correspond over email. We want to know what you think, and we're willing to do what it takes to hear your point of view.
6) We love you, we want to understand you, and we have much to learn from you.
With much love, Your extroverted friend Leslie